AMBASSADOR PROGRAM - WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
The SAFE Families films, materials are all freely available online and Clubs and community organisations can take advantage of these resources, take ownership and endorsement, place your Club or organisation's logo beside SAFE Families:
- View the two films found in "Resources" on website: "Domestic Violence and its Impact on Children" and "Elder Abuse".
- Have a public awareness campaign, a fundraiser and show the films to communities, show the film "Elder Abuse" during Seniors Week;
- Provide printed information, wallet cards (using the example on website under Tab "Resources");
- Give your GP's, Chemists, Community Centres, places where people meet - printed flyers with your Club logo, and Rotary's prevention and referral methods of abuse;
- Inform friends, colleagues, family, workplace of prevention and referral methods around abuse whilst helping to reduce stigma attached to this “taboo” topic and reporting of abuse
- Talk to your colleagues in corporate, government and non-government organisations
- Share stories with media and broader community
- Acknowledge necessity for change: “No Excuse for Abuse”
- Take pride in being an ambassador for Rotary Australia in Stopping Abuse in Families Everywhere!
Rotary SAFE Families’ Ambassadors, speak out openly, provide messages of hope and encouragement to raise awareness of the traumatic problem of abuse both in Australia and worldwide. Replace with the importance and need for healthy, respectful relationships.
Ambassadors shatter stereotypes, myths, and stigma, helping the public to see the realities of family abuse while being a leader in providing real hope and support for change.
Rotary SAFE Families’ Ambassadors commit to continued family abuse education, awareness and advocacy and provide a “voice” to Stopping Abuse in Families Everywhere.
How do YOU become a Rotary SAFE Families Ambassador?
Check out the Rotary SAFE Families website (www.rotarysafefamilies.org.au) and email Dorothy Gilmour via: email@example.com
You can freely access:
- SAFE Families logo enabling your Club name to be placed alongside logo (see Tab: "Ambassadors");
- Access to the template for printing Wallet Cards. Accessed under "Ambassadors". Note you can place your Club logo in the top right hand corner before printing. Wallet cards are a simple way of promotion plus the card has all emergency phone numbers for a victim or possible victim.
All Ambassador Clubs will receive:
- Opportunity to have a Guest Speaker at an online meeting to answer questions and inform your Members about SAFE Families initiative;
- Ability for your Club to have any promotional articles, feedback, events re. family violence posted in "Latest News" on website or our Monthly Newsletter (send details to firstname.lastname@example.org);
- Regular updates via the Rotary SAFE Families website, Facebook page.
Rotary SAFE Families benefits all Australians including our Indigenous communities, Females, Males, Children, Youth, our Elderly, by providing ability to identify signs of abuse, be fully informed and able to refer victims or possible victims of abuse to appropriate support agencies in their State.
Promote your Club as SAFE = Stopping Abuse in Families Everywhere Club